Upgrade to Mobil 1™ motor oil and leave conventional in the dust.
Official RulesNO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. CERTAIN RESTRICTIONS APPLY. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Mobil 1 Grab the Wheel Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands who are 18 years of age or older (special age requirement of 21 years of age or older if entering the Porsche Sport Driving School prize) and of a legal age of majority in their state or territory of residence (19 years of age or older for Alabama and Nebraska and 21 years of age or older for Puerto Rico) who have a valid driver’s license. Employees of Exxon Mobil Corporation (“Sponsor”) and its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, suppliers, retail partners, and advertising and promotional agencies; any other individuals engaged in any way in the development, production, printing, distribution or execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively “Sweepstakes Parties”); the immediate family members of each such person (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent and the respective spouses or “steps” of each, regardless of where they reside); and those living in the same household of each such person, whether or not related, for at least three months during the 12-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all respects.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins on August 29, 2013, at 12:00:01 a.m. CT and ends on September 25, 2013, at 11:59:59 p.m. CT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The website server is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
3. TO ENTER: There are two (2) entry methods for this Sweepstakes: online and mail-in.
Online: Visit www.mobil1.us/grabthewheel (POS) or www.mobil1.us/drive (Digital) during the Sweepstakes Period and follow the on-screen directions to complete and submit the online entry form to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. You will be asked to select which trip prize drawing (defined below, Section 4) you would like to enter.
Mail-in: Complete an official entry form found at any participating Advance Auto Parts locations, while supplies last, or hand print the following on a 3½-by-5-inch card or postcard: “Mobil 1 Grab the Wheel Sweepstakes,” your full name, full mailing address (no P.O. boxes), day and evening phone numbers, and email address (if any) and indicate which Grand-Prize trip drawing you would like to enter: Porsche Sport Driving School; The FIRM Rally Driving School; or Wide Open Excursions Off-Road Driving School. Mail your entry with proper postage to: “Mobil 1 Grab the Wheel Sweepstakes,” P.O. Box 292550, Lewisville, TX 75029-2550. Limit one (1) entry per postage-stamped postcard or envelope. Mail-in entries must be handwritten and postmarked by September 25, 2013, and received by October 2, 2013. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, invalid, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete or postage-due mail/entries, which will be disqualified. Mail-in entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
4. DRAWINGS AND ODDS OF WINNING: Winners will be selected in a series of random drawings from all eligible entries received from all entry methods combined for each Prize Trip Selection. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each prize drawing. Drawings will be conducted from all eligible entries received on or about October 7, 2013, by a third-party promotion administrator, whose decisions shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) prize per person and/or household.
5. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (ARVs):
Three (3) Grand Prizes: Trip for Winner only to participate in their choice of one of the three (3) Driving Experiences with an instructor: 1) Porsche Sport Driving School located in Birmingham, Ala., between December 7, 2013, and December 8, 2013; 2) Rally Car Driving School located in Starke, Fla., between December 7, 2013, and December 8, 2013; 3) Off-Road Driving School located in Reno, Nev., awarded in the form of a voucher for use to attend a school in the month of October 2013 or April 2014, depending on the date the Winner has been deemed official. ARV: $8,100.00.
Grand-Prize trips include: round-trip coach air transportation for one person (Winner) from a major airport near the Grand-Prize Winner’s residence (as determined by Sponsor) to the major airport nearest the Driving School selected; hotel accommodations for four days and three nights (room rates and room tax only; one standard room); a $1,500 Visa® prepaid card (which may be used toward meals, transportation and other travel incidentals); and Mobil 1-branded merchandise.
Fifteen (15) First Prizes: GoPro camera. ARV: $250.
Twenty-five (25) Second Prizes: $50 Advance Auto Parts gift card. ARV: $50.
Gift cards and Prepaid cards are subject to the restrictions, terms and conditions set by the issuer. Visa and the Visa logo are registered trademarks of their respective companies. Visa U.S.A. Inc. is not a Sponsor of or affiliated with this Sweepstakes. The value of the prize set forth above represents Sponsor’s good faith determinations of the ARV thereof, and such determinations are final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of any prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash.
TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $29,300.00.
6. PUBLICITY: Except in Tennessee and where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize, Winners grant permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use their name and address (city and state) and to photograph, videotape, film or record their voice and/or likeness for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media (including posting on website) now known or hereinafter invented, without territorial or time limitations, without further notice and without additional compensation. If you are selected as a Winner, your information may also be included in a publicly available Winners list.
7. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Prizes are nontransferable, and no cash redemption or prize substitution is permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, with one of comparable or greater value. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically provided herein are the responsibility of the Winner. Actual value of Grand Prizes may vary depending on Winner’s point of travel origin and airfare and hotel price fluctuations. Any difference between the stated ARV and actual value will not be awarded. If, in the judgment of Sponsor/Administrator, air travel is not required due to Winner’s proximity to destination location selected, Winner will receive ground transportation in lieu of air transportation, and no compensation will be given for such substitution. Airport, airline, ground transportation and hotel accommodations will be determined by the Sponsor. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and restrictions. No changes can be made to any trip element once it is booked/reserved. If Winner is unable to travel during designated travel dates, prize will be forfeited, and an alternate Winner may be selected. All luggage fees, meals, ground transportation, gratuities, excursions fees, alcoholic beverages, and any other incidental costs or other expenses not specifically set forth herein are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner must comply with all security requirements for travel and is solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents prior to departure date for travel (e.g., a valid government-issued ID or passport).
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE CLAIM: Winners are subject to verification, including verification of age. Potential Grand-Prize Winners will be contacted via a traceable method of mail sent to the address provided during registration. Winners may also be contacted via phone or email to provide/confirm address information. If any Winner does not respond to a phone or email notification within seven (7) calendar days of first phone or email notification attempt, prize may be forfeited, and an alternate Winner may be contacted. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on the prize, and will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the value of any prize(s) that are valued at $600 or over; Grand-Prize Winners will be required to furnish their Social Security numbers and W9 for the sole purpose of preparation of any tax forms as required by law. Grand-Prize Winners will be required to verify their eligibility by completing, signing and returning an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and, where lawful, a Publicity Release (granting the use of the Winner’s name, city/state, likeness or photograph by Sponsor for advertising/publicity purposes, without further compensation) within ten (10) days of attempted mail notification, or prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be contacted. Grand-PrizeWinners may be required to sign additional liability waivers prior to driving any vehicles. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of mailing address, email address and/or telephone number of entrants. First and Second Prizes will be shipped to the addresses provided with the entry within four (4) to six (6) weeks after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. In the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, or if a prize notification or prize is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Winner.
9. OTHER CONDITIONS: INTERNET CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including, without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will award the prizes in a random manner to be determined by Sponsor. In the event that an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, entrant’s sole remedy shall be another entry into the Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Parties resulting from user's participation in, attempt to participate in, or download of any information in connection with participating in the Sweepstakes. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Sweepstakes Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction, including, without limitation, those arising in connection with any of the following occurrences that may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity, or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or website; unauthorized human or nonhuman intervention in the operation of the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bug or worm; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of the prize or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the website. Use of website is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or any other losses of any kind that may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, use of the website, the download of any information from the website, or any other loss related to user’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. As a condition of entering, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release Sponsor and Sweepstakes Parties from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any traveling related thereto; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Winner based on an email address or a phone text entry, the winning entry will be decided in favor of the authorized account holder of the email address or the authorized account holder of the phone number used at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or phone number by a phone service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for administering the phone number chosen and/or the domain responsible for the email address chosen.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering this Contest, entrants (including his or her parent or legal guardian if an entrant is a minor) agree and covenant on behalf of themselves and their family, heirs, personal representatives, executors, assigns and insurers (a) to release, acquit, hold harmless, waive and forever discharge Sponsor; Sweepstakes Parties and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates; and their respective officers, directors, members, managers, employees, contractors and agents from any and all claims, demands, damages, debts, costs, fees, obligations, loss, expenses, compensation, actions or causes of action whatsoever, of every nature, character and description, whether known, unknown, discovered, undiscovered, suspected or unsuspected, including death or property damage (collectively, “Claims”), including but not limited to Claims arising on account of, in any way growing out of, or resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities.
12. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor or the Sweepstakes Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with United States law. By entering, you agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules; your rights and obligations; or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, you consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts located in Fairfax County, VA, for the resolution of all disputes, and agree that any and all disputes shall be resolved exclusively in those courts.
13. WINNERS LIST: The list of Winners will be posted online at sweepstakes.mobiloil.com after the Winners have been verified.
14. SPONSOR: Exxon Mobil Corporation, 3225 Gallows Road, Fairfax, VA 22037.
©2013 Exxon Mobil Corporation. All trademarks used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries unless indicated otherwise. NASCAR® is a registered trademark of the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc.